Seán Kyne was first elected to Dáil Éireann in 2011 and represents the constituency of Galway West which encompasses the City, the Oranmore/Claregalway areas and Connemara.
From 2004 – 2011, Seán was a member of Galway County Council for the Connemara Electoral Area.
Seán lives in Clydagh which is just outside his home village of Moycullen. He attended St. Mary’s College in Galway City before attaining a primary degree and Master’s degree in Agricultural Science at NUI, Galway and UCD respectively.
For 11 years, Sean worked as an agri-environmental consultant with particular responsibility for the Rural Environmental Protection Scheme.
Sean is a member of two Oireachtas Committees and three Fine Gael Committees:
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on Jobs, Social Protection and Education
- Joint Oireachtas Committee on European Union Affairs
- Fine Gael Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality
- Fine Gael Committee on Arts, Heritage & Gaeltacht/Transport, Tourism & Sport
- Fine Gael Commitee on Agriculture, Marine and Food