Almost a quarter of a million euro in CLAR community funding for Galway
I am delighted to confirm funding of €242,500 from my Department for five Galway community projects under Measure 2 of the CLAR Programme.
Administered by the Department of Rural and Community Development, the CLAR Programme provides targeted investment for small-scale infrastructure projects in designated rural areas.
The funding will enable the construction of new playgrounds at Clonbur (An Fhairche), Clonberne, and Caltra and the refurbishment of the playgrounds at Lettermullen (Leitir Mealláin) and Milltown. These new or improved facilities will be a great boost for families and children and will provide a safe and secure space for play and recreation.
I congratulate the members of the various communities organisations who have secured funding on the back of their voluntary work on the projects. The funding from the Department of Rural and Community Development is being supplemented by €113,500 from fundraising and other sources to give a total investment of €356,000 in Galway under Measure 2.
The Measure 2 funding is also in addition to the €311,115 allocated to 9 communities across Galway under the CLAR Measure 1 strand – Support for Schools/Community Safety Measures.”
1. Cloonkeen – Clonberne Community All Inclusive Playground – New Playground – €50,000 CLAR and €26,000 own resources
2. An Fhairche/Clonbur – New Playground – €50,000 CLAR and €50,000 own resources
3. Milltown – Refurbishment of Existing Playground – €50,000 CLAR and €10,000 own resources
4. Leitir Mealláin/Lettermullen – Refurbishment of Existing Playground – €42,500 CLAR and €7,500 own resources
5. Caltra – New Playground – €50,000 CLAR and €20,000 own resources